Executive Function Skills
Grit and Growth Mindset Camp
Executive functions are skills that develop from early adolescence through young adulthood that involve self regulation, perspective taking, planning & prioritizing and task completion. Studies show that executive functioning skills are the leading indicators of long term success.
Effective Students, offers a ½ day camp where students learn about executive functions and how they can begin building these skills within themselves. Topics addressed include:
- Perspective-taking -seeing things from another person’s point of view
- Growth mindset and building resilience
- Self control & emotional regulation
- Impulse control & squirrels
- Self evaluation of strengths, struggles and how students are unique
- Basic components of becoming an Effective Student™
- Building a successful at home school work environment.
- Measuring quality work
- Tips and tricks for getting work done efficiently.
- Reinforcement activities and skill building
Executive Functioning Skills Camp for 3rd, 4th and 5th grade students
Please contact us if you would like to host an Executive Function Skills camp at your school.
SUMMER – Grit and Growth Mindset Camp
Appropriate ages: RISING 4th, 5th and 6th grade students
Time: 9-12pm Location: The Lovett School