THE EFFECTIVE COLLEGE CONNECTION
SELECT YOUR SESSION
Students Learn How to…
- Chart a new path as they consider how they may want to reinvent themselves at the next level.
- Approach time management in a new environment and create structure for themselves within new found independence.
- Establish boundaries with friends and separating themselves when needed to attend to responsibilities.
- Approach managing academic expectations including self advocacy and how to study in college.
- Create habits and skills that will help them achieve their goals.
- Identify resources at school that are available and how to use them and how to keep track of them digitally.
- The role of self care including fitness, sleep, food and mental health.
- Set communication expectations with parents.
- The role of money, part time job(s) and the dangers of debt.
How Effective Students™ can help
By working directly with an experienced academic coach, your student can improve in the following areas:
- Awareness of obstacles to success
- Academic planning and forecasting
- Personal care, exercise, nutrition, sleep
- Project management
- Resource utilization (online, in person, at school)
- Self advocacy
- Setting boundaries
- Study skills
- Time management
Try Our Free College Time Management Tool
Are you a college student looking for a time management worksheet? The My Available Time lesson plan by Effective Students. The worksheet will help you build a strong time management foundation. The package includes an example worksheet and a free time management worksheet for download.