What does an academic coach do?
An academic coach helps students approach and manage academic demands. Students who may benefit from a coach are usually:
- struggling to manage materials or assignments
- struggling to apply what they’re learning
- unaware of what is interfering with their success
- resistant to help from parents
- transitioning to a new environment (college, high school, new school)
At times, tensions between parents and students interfere with learning. An academic coach can offer a neutral, fresh perspective helping the student re-engage academically.
Transitioning to College
Once of the biggest challenges college students face is being able to plan and prioritize, manage their time, self advocate and resist distractions. Since you’ve worked hard to secure the college placement of choice, partnering with a college academic coach helps ensure your student’s transition is a smooth and successful one. If your student struggled in year past due to distance learning, an academic coach can help with accountability, encouragement and guidelines can help your student stay on course.
Want to learn if Academic Coaching is right for your student? Schedule an initial consultation.